Cefpodoxime Proxetil is an orally administered extended spectrum, semi-synthetic 3rd generation antibiotic of cephalosporin class. Like other β-lactam antibiotics it is a bactericidal drug that acts by inhibition of bacterial cell wall synthesis.
Cefpodoxime is indicated for the treatment of patients infected with susceptible strains of micro-organisms which include a wide range of gram-positive & gram-negative bacteria.
(1) Lower respiratory tract infection: Acute community-acquired pneumonia, Acute bacterial exacerbation of chronic bronchitis;
(2) Upper respiratory tract infection: Acute otitis media, Acute maxillary sinusitis, Pharyngitis, Tonsillitis;
(3) Sexually transmitted diseases: Acute uncomplicated urethral & cervical gonorrhea, Acute ano-rectal infection in woman caused by N. gonorrhoeae;
(4) Uncomplicated urinary tract infection: Cystitis, Pyuria;
(5) Skin & soft tissue infections: Furuncle, Cellulitis, Subcutaneous abscess, infectious atheroma & periproctal abscess
(6) Enteric fever.
Pneumonia: 200mg every 12hrs for 14 days.
Bronchitis, sinusitis: 200mg every 12hrs for 10 days.
Pharyngitis/tonsillitis: 100mg every 12hrs for 5–10 days.
Skin and skin structures: 400mg every 12hrs for 7–14 days.
UTI: 100mg every 12hrs for 7 days.
Uncomplicated gonorrhea: 200mg once as a single dose.
Each box contains 10 Alu-Alu strips of 10 Tablets each